Frequently Asked Questions
LHA members have access to the most thorough secondary source dedicated to the study of Louisiana, the journal, Louisiana History. Members also receive a discounted registration rate for the LHA Annual Meeting that is held each Spring. The LHA website has other functions that are limited to members of the organization, such as access to the LHA membership directory and the ability to post on the News/Events/Discussion feed.
There are two basic LHA membership levels for individuals:
Digital Membership, which includes:
– fully searchable digital access to past issues of Louisiana History (1960-present).
– browsable/downloadable digital access to all current issues of Louisiana History.
– email notifications when new issues of Louisiana History are posted on the website.
– advance access to Louisiana History.
– access to online LHA membership directory.
– access to interactive online discussion, news, and events feed.
– allows access to website for one year from the date that you join.
Digital Plus Membership, which includes:
– Digital Membership in the LHA.
– Printed copies of the LHA quarterly journal, Louisiana History.
– good for one calendar year, January through December (Journals #1 – #4).
Institutional membership in the LHA includes printed hard copies of the LHA quarterly journal Louisiana History and are good for one calendar year (journals #1 – #4). Digital memberships in the LHA are not available for libraries, schools, museums, or other institutions.
Individuals can follow the “Membership” link at the top of this page to register for a Digital or Digital Plus membership in the LHA online and obtain immediate access to all of the features on the LHA website.
Hard copies of Louisiana History are included with Digital Plus Membership in the LHA. A limited number of back issues of Louisiana History are also available for purchase. Please use the “Contact Us” information for inquiries about back issues of the journal.
You will receive auto-renewal notices reminding you when your membership is set to renew. There is no need to take any further action to renew your membership.
Non Auto-Renew Members
If you do not have an online account – please go to the Renew page to renew your membership. You will then have an online account from this point forward.
If you do have an online account, you will receive an expiration notice reminding you to renew your account 1 month before expiration. You will also receive follow-up notices at 1 week and 1 day before your account expires. Follow the link in your email to the Renewal page to renew your membership. Please be sure to use the same email address associated with your account to avoid duplicate accounts.
Log into your account and then go to Members > My Profile. From there, follow the links to cancel your membership.