Michael MartinParticipantJanuary 29, 2019 at 2:50 pmPost count: 5
LHA Travel Awards
The Louisiana Historical Association will offer two short-term travel awards for 2019. Each grant will provide a stipend of $1,500 for research in Louisiana archives and collections. These grants are designed to assist scholars interested in Louisiana history, for whom distance and expense present a substantial obstacle to research in the state’s rich archives. Complete applications are due by March 1, 2019, for travel between May 1, 2019 and September 15, 2019.
These awards are open to independent scholars, advanced graduate students, and holders of the Ph.D. or the equivalent, with current members of the LHA receiving preference. Those without significant means of institutional support will receive special consideration. Applicants who do not reside in the U.S. must indicate their citizenship. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or already hold the J-1 visa or equivalent documents that will allow them to accept the stipend. The LHA cannot facilitate visas.
Submit the following in one PDF document to James Wilson at [email protected]. A letter of recommendation, if required (see below), should be sent directly from the recommender.
1. Cover letter.
2. Curriculum vita of no more than 4 pages.
3. Description of the research project (2 pages, double-spaced) to include:
a. a title and description of the project.
b. a statement explaining the historiographical significance of the proposed work.
c. an indication of the specific archives and/or collections in Louisiana the applicant will use.
4. One-page bibliography of the most relevant secondary works on the topic.
5. Brief project budget.
6. Letter of Recommendation (only for those applicants who do not hold a Ph.D.). The letter must come from a tenured scholar who is familiar with the applicant’s work and the project being proposed. Letter writers should send their recommendation electronically to James Wilson at [email protected] from their university e-mail account, with “LHA Letter for [Applicant’s Name]” in the subject line.
Recipients will be required to submit a 1-2 page report to [email protected] detailing their research itinerary and how the grant furthered their project by October 1, 2019. LHA financial support must be acknowledged in any publication resulting from this funded research. Please address all LHA grant-related questions to James Wilson at the e-mail address above.Jason BooParticipantOctober 11, 2020 at 5:48 amPost count: 1
Hi! For any kind of learning we should need to focus on it. We need construct or right off the bat influence an arranging of any fortress of ordering essay papers legal at company that do tasks, then we need to investigate and after that we need to actualize a few more methods on it for the powerful yield of information. And I would like to advice you to click on this service’s essaywriter.org webpage as they always have wonderful discounts for all students!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.