2024 Annual Meeting
Louisiana Historical Association – 66th Annual Meeting
March 21-23, 2024 – New Orleans, LA
The Louisiana Historical Association invites proposals for its 65th Annual Meeting to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, March 21-23, 2024. The meeting will be headquartered at the Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center.
The 2024 LHA Program Committee invites sessions on any aspect of Louisiana History from any era, and is open to submissions that take unique approaches to session design as well as traditional scholarly panels. Graduate students, archivists, and other public historians, such as curators and preservationists, are likewise strongly encouraged to participate. We prefer to receive proposals for complete sessions but will consider individual paper proposals as well.
The committee prefers complete-panel proposals, including chair and commentator, but will consider individual paper proposals or sessions in need of chair and/or commentator. The program chair welcomes queries from session organizers.
Send proposals via email to:
Elizabeth Neidenbach, Program Chair
The Historic New Orleans Collection
Proposals should be submitted in a single Microsoft Word (.docx) or PDF format file and include:
- A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all participants, including the chair and commentator.
- A summary of the session as a whole, maximum 250 words.
- An abstract for each presentation, maximum 250 words.
- A brief curriculum vitae for each participant.
- Please inform the Program Committee in your proposal whether electronic equipment will be required in your presentation. Although projectors and screens will be available, there is no guarantee that these will perform optimally with presenters’ computers and Power Point presentations. Moreover, access to projecting equipment is limited and may not actually be available to all that request it. Therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to bring their own electronic equipment.
- Please inform the program committee as to your choice of presenting in person or presenting
- Online presentation session(s) will be held at (a) separate time(s) than in-person sessions.
Moreover, please know that the online sessions will not be held at the same time as the in-person meeting.
- All materials are to be e-mailed to the program committee at [email protected] Please include the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the proposal organizer in the body of your message. Queries may be sent to the program chair, Elizabeth Neidenbach, at the same e-mail address.
Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2023
2024 Program Committee Members
- Chair – Elizabeth Neidenbach, The Historic New Orleans Collection
- John Bardes, Louisiana State University
- Jessica Marie Johnson, Johns Hopkins University
- Brian McGowan, Grambling State University