2023 Annual Meeting
Louisiana Historical Association – 65th Annual Meeting
March 16-18, 2023 – Alexandria, LA
The Louisiana Historical Association invites proposals for its 65th Annual Meeting to be held in Alexandria, Louisiana, March 16-18, 2023. The meeting will be headquartered at the Holiday Inn-Downtown.
The 2023 LHA Program Committee invites sessions on any aspect of Louisiana History from any era, and is open to submissions that take unique approaches to session design as well as traditional scholarly panels. Graduate students, archivists, and other public historians, such as curators and preservationists, are likewise strongly encouraged to participate. We prefer to receive proposals for complete sessions but will consider individual paper proposals as well.
The committee prefers complete-panel proposals, including chair and commentator, but will consider individual paper proposals or sessions in need of chair and/or commentator. The program chair welcomes queries from session organizers.
Send proposals via email to:
Michelle Riggs Waller, Program Chair
2022 Program Committee Members
- Chair – Michelle Riggs Waller, LSU Alexandria
- Dr. Brian Mitchell, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Dr. Ian Beamish, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Dr. Ralph Brown, University of Louisiana at Monroe
Proposals should be submitted in a single Microsoft Word (.docx) or PDF format file and include:
- A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all participants, including the chair and commentator.
- A summary of the session as a whole, maximum 250 words.
- An abstract for each presentation, maximum 250 words.
- A brief curriculum vitae for each participant.
- Please inform the Program Committee in your proposal whether electronic equipment will be required in your presentation. Although projectors and screens will be available, there is no guarantee that these will perform optimally with presenters’ computers and Power Point presentations. Moreover, access to projecting equipment is limited and may not actually be available to all that request it. Therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to bring their own electronic equipment.
- Please inform the program committee as to your choice of presenting in person or presenting
- Online presentation session(s) will be held at (a) separate time(s) than in-person sessions.
Moreover, please know that the online sessions will not be held at the same time as the in-person meeting.
- All materials are to be e-mailed to the program committee at [email protected]. Please include the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the proposal organizer in the body of your message. Queries may be sent to the program chair, Michelle Riggs-Waller, at the same e-mail address.
Reserve your spot at the annual conference today! Click the button to the right to purchase your ticket online in just a few easy steps.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, September 1, 2022